This document explains how to use Zap Templates for quick and easy integrations with Read. If you have a request for a Zap template, please reach out to email@example.com!
Create or update a Hubspot contact from Read AI meeting participants
1. Start with the Zap template
2. Connect your Hubspot and Read accounts
3. Walkthrough each step, testing each step along the way. This will allow us to pick the correct fields in each action.
4. Open the "Create Loop from Line Items in Looping by Zapier" step and open the action section. In this section, add the "email" field from the previous step. Note that you can also add other loop-able fields like "first_name" and "last_name" while also including fields like "report_url". If including a field from the meeting data, it will appear on each line item for subsequent steps. See below for an example:
5. Next, open the "Only continue if..." step and select "email" and "exists". This step ensures that any contact we try and create in Hubspot has an email. Note that some participants in a Read meeting may not have an associated email address. This can happen if the participant was not invited via an associated calendar event, Read was unable to match their meeting name to their email, or if the meeting does not have an associated calendar event. Your step should look like the following:
6. Continuing on, open the "Create or Update contact in Hubspot" step and open the action tab. In the email field, select "Email" from the "Create Loop" step. You may use fields from the previous step to update additional contact information, such as first name or last name. Your step may look like the following:
7. Finish testing your steps and save your Zap! As always, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for support.